The sculpture is located at the main entrance of the Project Leisure casino at City of Dreams hotel and entertainment complex. The design concept was a waterfall with sirens/mermaids spiraling throughout. The 120 cast/bent glass panels. which are approximately 9’ long and 1/2” thick, have dimensional images of the sirens/mermaids cast into the glass. The sculpture is illuminated with a programmed LED lighting system that animates the work with pulsating colored lights creating the effect of cascading water.
- Dimensions: 50' h x 18' l x 12' w
- Materials: Stainless steel structure, cast/bent glass, LED lighting
- Designer: Kenneth F. von Roenn, Jr.
- Client: Geoff Benham, Creative Director, Melco Crown Entertainment, Hong Kong
- Project Manager: Simon Fraser, Ptarmiganintergratioin, Hong Kong, China
- Lighting Consultant: Norm Schwab, Lightswitch, San Francisco
- Engineer: Phil Maddox, Lyse Pte Ltd., Singapore
- Metal fabrication: LYS Pte Ltd., Singapore
- Glass production: Kang Yu, Shanghai, China
- Location: Manilla, Philippines