Young Israel Synagogue
The sanctuary contains one hundred and twenty insulated window panels printed in a custom color. The Fired Ceramic Frit pattern helps filter the light entering the sanctuary as well as creates the feel of a more intimate enclosure. Prismalite elements were incorporated to elevate the quality of light by casting prismatic colors into the worship space.
Photo credit: Steve Rosenthal
- Dimensions: 120 windows 24" x 36" each
- Materials: Fired Ceramic Frit, laminated bevels
- Glass design: Kenneth F. von Roenn, Jr.
- Architect: Graham Gund Architects
- Location: Brookline, Massachussets